Thursday, September 6, 2018

Swedish Meatballs Recipe (Easy Recipe)

Good afternoon everyone! 

Recently I was at my parents house for dinner, and my mom made these incredible meatballs, and put them over rice (you can put them over noodles as well.). They're so simple to make and they taste so good! Enjoy!

Swedish Meatballs

(Cook Sauce First, then Meatballs)

Ingredients for the Meatballs:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, diced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tablespoons bread or cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional, but recommended) 
- Olive Oil

Directions for the Meatballs:
- Mix together ground beef (raw), garlic, onions, egg, salt, pepper, bread crumbs and parsley.
- Coat entire bottom of frying pan with olive oil.
- Roll meat mixture into balls, and place them in the pan and fry on medium heat.
- 8-10 minutes (or when they're dark), flip and cook for another 8-10 minutes.
- Add to sauce mixture and pour over rice or noodles. 

Ingredients for Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup whole milk or heavy cream
- 2 tsp. worcester sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper 
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional, but recommended)  

Directions for sauce
- In medium sized sauce pan, melt butter.
- When melted, whisk in flour.
- Add beef broth, milk/heavy whipping cream, worcester sauce, salt, pepper and parsley and heat until thickened. 







2 comments:

  1. These look delicious! I had to share them to my Author page. Definitely will tweak for my daughter who is vegan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the share! Let me know how the tweaking goes! These have become one of my favorite “go to” meals

      Delete

Swedish Meatballs Recipe (Easy Recipe)

Good afternoon everyone!  Recently I was at my parents house for dinner, and my mom made these incredible meatballs, and put them over ric...